Last night was an amazing star-studded exclusive VIP premiere of ICONS OF DARKNESSS (IOD) at The Montalbán Theatre in Hollywood at Hollywood & Vine. This is in partnership with, Famed Director, TV actor, writer, producer, and archivist Richard “Rich” Correll; and Gil Smith, President of The Montalbán.
“ICONS OF DARKNESS” is an Immersive Experience and Exhibition from The Largest Private Collection of Sci-Fi, Horror, and Fantasy Memorabilia, and is 18,000 Square feet of mazes, stairs, monsters, heroes and villains.
Rich Correll’s private collection of memorabilia is valued at more than $ 13 million, and is the largest private collection of memorabilia from iconic films. Hundreds of films will be represented, including Frankenstein, The Exorcist, Star Wars, Iron Man, Jurassic Park, Spiderman, Joker, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Aliens, Batman, and Dracula etc. The massive dose of Hollywood madness showcases more than 100 years of cultural significance, with screen-used artifacts, life-like replicas, and never-before-seen Props.
Below photo: Grand opening VIP night at the Montalbán theatre in Hollywood for Icons of Darkness- now through November 1st. This was the first live on location event in Hollywood since the Coronavirus shutdown. We hope there will be more events like this very soon! Rich Correll did an amazing job putting together this collection of everyone in the history of Horror movies. Photo at entrance with Jack Nicholson and Alfred Hitchcock:
IOD will offer cinematic buffs, sci-fi fans, cosplay enthusiasts, and horror aficionados a walking tour of props, artifacts, and memorabilia from movies spanning almost 100 years of Hollywood history, beheaded beasts, blood-gushing villains, 14-foot aliens, and the world’s most beloved blockbuster heroes:
The original Xenomorph costume from Alien (1979), which features the designs of the (then-unknown and now influential) designer, H.R. Geiger.
The full-sized Queen Alien from Aliens (1986), which solidified the sci-fi career of one of Hollywood’s most notable film directors, James Cameron.
Michael Keaton’s original Batsuit from the Tim Burton classic, Batman (1989), which led to the birth of the modern-day superhero film.
Original items from Terminator 2 Judgement Day (1991) and Stephen Spielberg’s dinosaur classic Jurassic Park (1993), which employed early CGI.
Work from famous horror authors, Stephen King’s It (1990), Clive Barker’s Hellraiser (1987), and William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist (1973).
Hugh Jackman’s battle arena Wolverine suit from X-men (2000).
Work from the eight-time Academy Award-winning makeup artist Rick Baker, from films How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), Planet of the Apes (1997), and An American Werewolf in London (1982).
A stable of props, figures, and costumes including life casts of Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, Jr., and Boris Karloff representing “Dracula” (1931), The Wolfman (1941), and Frankenstein (1931).
After a fun and fascinating tour of the exhibition, we went up on the roof of the Montalbán for the after party with a MONSTER MIDWAY allowing the celebrities and VIP guests to play a selection of carnival style games such as Zombie Brain Smash, Mausoleum Ring Toss and Skeleball for prizes.
Some of the celebrities that we interviewed were:
We want to give a special thanks to our reporters: Jaden Benenfeld & Trinity McCourt, and Steve Taylor, for doing a great job to show you all the monsters in the exhibition, taking you to the after-party with fun and games, and interviewing all the stars that were there for opening night.
Some of our fans of our TV show may remember Jaden when he was only about 7 years old- when he did some big events with us, and now is a full grown adult- and does an amazing job as a segment producer, on-air reporter, and editor for our 2 shows. There will be a lot more shows from Jaden and Trinity very soon! In fact tomorrow night Jaden & Trinity and our news team will cover The Urban Legends Drive-Thru Haunt at The OC Fair in Costa Mesa, with monsters that come right up to your car, and with 3 show areas.
This viewing experience and new exhibition is a COVID safe immersive public experience, and is COVID approved by California and LA Health Department regulations and requirements. For up-to-date details of this first public on location Hollywood Halloween event go to: https://www.themontalban.com/icons-of…
- Stay tuned for live daily round-the-clock news coverage from our news team in Los Angeles, Hollywood, New York, Beverly Hills, and overseas from Entertainment & Sports Today TV, and Entertainment Today, and for the complete story go to: entertainmentandsportstoday.com, on Facebook & Instagram: @entertainmentandsportstoday, and Youtube.com/entertainmenttodaytv
- For tickets to future events, and Sponsorships and get advertising rates and info, E-Mail : email@example.com – and for more info about us go to: www.entertainmentandsportstoday.com & thanks for watching !
- For more information, and if you like to buy any of these great products that you saw on our TV show, E-Mail us direct: firstname.lastname@example.org so that one of our staff can connect you with the right people. Above is our video news story, that is part of the follow up to our daily news stories on the Coronavirus.
- For more news stories and updates about the Coronavirus : go to EntertainmentandSportsToday.com and go to the top of the home page and click on the “HEALTH & BEAUTY” section. Additional updates can be found by clicking the “Business & Technologies” , and “Entertainment” sections, or just click “Home”. For stories that may uplift your spirits during these trying times go to the “Music” section of our website.
- If you may have any questions- you can email us at email@example.com- so we can find you the answers from the doctors and health experts, that have written stories for us, and from the health agencies that have provided information and daily updates for us. & Thanks for watching, and be healthy and safe!