Spike TV’s “One Night Only: Alec Baldwin” was taped at Harlem’s World Famous Apollo Theater in New York City. The exclusive black tie evening was a great night of comedic tributes, and laughs for honoree Alec Baldwin ,with some of the biggest names in entertainment and comedy. Baldwin’s friends and luminaries that were there to honor him were from the worlds of comedy, film and television, and included : presenters Robert De Niro (The Wizard of Lies), Julianne Moore (Difficult People), Tracy Morgan (Fist Fight), Jane Krakowski (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Jack McBrayer (The Middle),: photo below Left to Right of : Jack McBrayer, Robert De Niro, Julianne Moore, Jane Krakowski and Tracy Morgan :
Horatio Sanz (Saturday Night Live), Daniel Baldwin (Two Faced), Hilaria Baldwin (TV Correspondent), Ireland Baldwin (Model), and William Baldwin (Blow Torch); plus additional attendees including Alaia Baldwin. The televised special will also include pre-taped performances by Kristen Wiig (Ghostbusters) and Kate McKinnon (Rough Night). The show was produced by Casey Patterson Entertainment, Charlie Haykel and Juliane Hare, and directed by Beth McCarthy-Miller. “One Night Only: Alec Baldwin” will premiere on Spike TV on Sunday, July 9 at 9:00 PM, ET/PT.
William Jefferson Clinton who served as the 42nd President of the United States from 1993 to 2001, made a surprise appearance Sunday night at New York’s Apollo Theater, shocking the audience and guest of honor Alec Baldwin (Photo Below). The moment capped off an already-unpredictable evening at Spike TV’s “One Night Only: Alec Baldwin,” during which Baldwin’s famous family and friends mercilessly roasted him onstage. A floored Baldwin greeted President Clinton with a hug before Clinton paid a heartfelt tribute, acknowledging the actor’s “astonishing range” — and then pivoting from Baldwin’s professional life to his personal one. Photo below from stage of Alec Baldwin and former President Bill Clinton at One Night Only: Alec Baldwin :
“My most enduring memory of all the conversations we ever had is the first time I came to his home for an event, and he told me his story,” Clinton said. “The son of Carol … and his dad, Alexander, who was a high school teacher and the pillar of his community. They taught him — this is what I remember — ‘We didn’t have a lot of money, but they taught me that every person has an obligation to be a good and caring citizen.’ I never forgot it.”
Although certainly not much of a roast, especially compared to an earlier speech by his daughter Ireland Baldwin (Photo below), the good-natured tribute was a fitting final touch on a night that highlighted Baldwin’s massive philanthropic efforts as much as his Hollywood career. Ireland Baldwin makes an appearance at “One Night Only: Alec Baldwin” to talk about her father and that infamous voicemail. One Night Only: Alec Baldwin premieres Sunday, July 9th on Spike. :
Below are some of the best jokes/insults of the show :
1. “The last time I was on the show, I paid tribute to Don Rickles, a legendary stand-up whose career spanned six decades. Before that, it was Eddie Murphy, a comedian superstar and one of my heroes whose movies grossed more than $4 billion at the box office. And tonight I pay tribute to Alec Baldwin, host of Match Game.” — Tracy Morgan
2. “Alec taught me so much. During our time together, he told me about show business, life and how to tell your relatives to (screw) off when they wanted money.” — Morgan
3. “He gave me great advice whenever I needed it. I’ll never forget one night he told me, ‘Drive home late after the show, Tracy, it’s safer. Less Walmart trucks on the road.’” — Morgan
4. “Alec and I are really like brothers. He and I have so much in common: I used to drink, he used to drink. I used to smoke weed, he used to do drugs. I had a car accident that almost ended my career, he had his MSNBC talk show.” — Morgan
5. “I’m here to roast this big old ham I call my father. Speaking of pigs …” — Ireland Baldwin . Below Video : Ireland Baldwin makes an appearance at “One Night Only: Alec Baldwin” to talk about her father and that infamous voicemail. One Night Only: Alec Baldwin premieres Sunday, July 9th on Spike. :
6. “The truth is, that (rift) nearly killed him emotionally. I wouldn’t see my dad that upset ever again until I showed him my first tattoo. OK, my second tattoo. I couldn’t show him where I got the first one.” — Baldwin
7. “He gets inside the roles he plays and hangs on. In 1992, in Glengarry Glen Ross, he played a smug (jerk) and he’s never broken character.” — Robert De Niro
8. “Since the presidential campaign, Alec Baldwin’s career has gone through the roof, finding fame playing a sad, bitter, volatile, crazy man. He also does a great Trump impression.” — De Niro
9. “Remember The Hunt for Red October? What a different time, the 90s were. Russia was our enemy, Alec Baldwin was a movie star.” — De Niro
10. “There are advantages to being married to a man Alec’s age. For one thing, he’s a wonderful grandfather to our children.” — Hilaria Baldwin . Below video clip from show of Hilaria Baldwin who talks about what it’s like to be married to Alec Baldwin. One Night Only: Alec Baldwin premieres Sunday, July 9th on Spike:
11. “I heard people say I’m married to a guy twice my age; that I’m in love with a senior citizen, an old man. And to all those people I say: I can’t argue with the facts.” — Baldwin
12. “The world knows my husband as this intense guy who used to go on tirades — he’s getting older. He still goes on tirades, but now he has to stop and pee in the middle.” — Baldwin
13. “Alec Baldwin deserves a night like this. I mean, Alec was a huge movie star. And I know that because he was constantly screaming it at the crew on 30 Rock.” — Jack McBrayer . Below Video : Jack McBrayer (“30 Rock”) tries to roast his one-time co-star Alec Baldwin…but he’s a little worried about the material. One Night Only: Alec Baldwin premieres Sunday, July 9th on Spike :
14. “A lot of people think Alec has a short temper, but I would never say that, because he would immediately beat the (crap) out of me.” — McBrayer
15. “This is pretty much an open secret in Hollywood: If you work with him, you are guaranteed to win an Oscar. Alec played my husband in Still Alice, for which I won the Academy Award for best actress. Cate Blanchett was married to him in Blue Jasmine and she won the Academy Award for best actress. Kim Basinger was married to him in real life and she won best supporting actress. In 1988, Geena Davis played his wife in Beetlejuice, and later that same year — that’s right — she wins an Oscar for another movie. That’s how strong his mojo is. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this year, Melania Trump walks away with best supporting. It’s like a superpower, his ability to deliver the Oscar. It works for everybody, except for him.” — Julianne Moore
Alec Baldwin is a critically-acclaimed and award-winning actor, writer, comedian and producer who has portrayed some of the most memorable characters in film and television over the last quarter century, from “Jack Donaghy” on “30 Rock” to leading roles in “Mission Impossible-Rogue Nation,” “Aviator,” “The Hunt For Red October,” and “The Departed.” Baldwin has hosted “Saturday Night Live” 17 times, and his recent portrayal of President Trump has received worldwide accolades. Spike TV’s “One Night Only” is an original franchise, created by Casey Patterson, that celebrates the true legends of comedy – those who have shaped generations with their groundbreaking styles. It is a truly memorable event – a night of nonstop comedy, untold stories and heartfelt admiration. Previous honorees have included Eddie Murphy and Don Rickles with appearances by David Letterman, Jerry Seinfeld, Robert De Niro, Jon Stewart, Martin Scorsese, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Jamie Foxx, Adam Sandler and more.
Below: Julianne Moore, & Tracy Morgan :
Spike TV has been an industry leader in original event programming honoring icons and heroes from the worlds of comedy, sports and entertainment, including “Guys Choice” over the last decade and more recently, “Rock The Troops” hosted by Dwayne Johnson. Charlie Haykel and Juliane Hare serve as executive producers alongside Casey Patterson. Beth McCarthy-Miller is director. Jon Slusser, Spike’s Senior Vice President, Sports and Specials serves as the network’s Executive in Charge. The sponsors for “One Night Only: Alec Baldwin” include SNICKERS®, Bud Light, T-Mobile, AXE®, Kia Motors America, GEICO®, BACARDÍ®, and Tylenol® Rapid Release Gels.